This page contains all the key documents relating to the CLA Schools Licence and the Schools Printed Music Licence.
Documents are separated into those relating to the terms and conditions of your licence and others which are either user guides and FAQs provided to help you to understand the licences and get the most out of them.
CLA Schools Licence terms and conditions
The CLA Schools Licence is a legal document that has been signed by your Licence Coordinator on behalf of the school to acknowledge that staff and students will act in accordance with the terms.
All our current Licence documents are listed below under ’Licence terms and conditions’ and you can download any relevant one from here.
- The CLA Schools Licence for England and Wales
- The CLA Schools Licence for Northern Ireland
- The CLA Schools Licence for Scotland
- The CLA Schools Licence for Independent Schools
- The CLA Schools Licence for Language Schools
- The CLA Licence for Stagecoach Schools
- The CLA Schools Licence for Schools administered by the Independent Association of Prep Schools acting as agent on behalf of CLA
- The CLA Schools Licence for Local Authority Pupil Referral Units and Resource Centres
- The CLA Schools Licence for Independent Grant Maintained Schools in Scotland
CLA Schools Licence User Guides
- The CLA Schools Licence User Guidelines
- Quick Guide: Copying from Digital Material under the CLA Schools Licence
- Quick Guide: Photocopying and scanning under the CLA Schools Licence
- New CLA Schools Licence – Factsheet
- New CLA Schools Licence – FAQs
Schools Printed Music Licence terms and conditions
This licence is separate from the CLA Schools Licence. It has been made available by Printed Music Licensing Limited (PMLL) who are the licensing arm of the Music Publishers Association (MPA).
PMLL have appointed CLA as sole agents in selling this licence to schools. The licence provides cover for schools to make copies of printed sheet music. If you would like more information about this licence and how it works click here. A copy of the SPML terms and conditions is downloadable from the link below.
Certain titles are specifically excluded from the SPML by the publisher(s) and permission to copy these must be obtained directly from the publisher(s) concerned.